GoPro, Inc. announced its aal new camera, HERO9 Black featuring “more everything” with and 20-megapixel photos, including a new sensor that delivers 5K video, next-generation HyperSmooth 3.0 video stabilization with in-camera horizon levelling, a new front-facing display, a larger rear display, 30% more battery life, and a Max Lens Mod accessory that brings Max HyperSmooth video stabilization and Max SuperView ultra-wide-angle photo and video to HERO9 Black.
HERO9 Black will be available in India from late October with an MRP of INR 49,500. GoPro also shared that it has eliminated plastic from HERO9 Black’s packaging and added value by packaging the camera in a high-quality travel case that fits additional mounts and accessories.
GoPro is also challenging its users to create the launch highlight reel for its new flagship camera. Open exclusively to owners of HERO9 Black, the Million Dollar Challenge will award an equal share of USD$1,000,000 to entrants whose video clips are chosen for the HERO9 Black Million Dollar Challenge video that will be released in December 2020.
Beginning today, HERO9 Black users are invited to capture and submit their video clips for consideration to the HERO9 Black Million Dollar Challenge on GoPro.com/Awards. Submissions close on Friday, December 4.
HERO9 Black Specification and Features:
- New Image Sensor
- Video: 5K30, 4K60, 2.7K120, 1440p120, 1080p240 and more
- Photo: 20MP
- New 1.4” front colour display with live preview and status modes
- Larger 2.27” rear touch display with touch zoom
- 30% more battery life than HERO8 Black with improved cold-weather performance
- Removable, rechargeable battery
- HyperSmooth 3.0 with in-camera horizon levelling
- TimeWarp 3.0 featuring Real Speed and Half Speed
- 1080p Live Streaming
- 1080p Webcam mode
- Power Tools: HindSight, LiveBurst, Scheduled Capture and Duration Capture
- SuperPhoto + HDR Night lapse video
- RAW photos
- Digital lenses
- Voice control with 14 commands in 11 languages + 6 accents
- 3 microphones with advanced wind-noise reduction
- Stereo + RAW audio
- Larger speaker for improved audio playback
- Removable lens cover
- Built-in folding mounting fingers
- Rugged + waterproof to 33ft (10m)
- Compatible with Max Lens Mod, Light Mod, Display Mod and Media Mod for HERO9 Black
Introducing the All-New Max Lens Mod for HERO9 Black
The all-new Max Lens Mod (INR 10,500) brings unbreakable Max HyperSmooth video stabilization and low-distortion, ultra-wide Max SuperView to HERO9 Black at up to 2.7K60 resolution. Max Lens Mod also allows for horizon lock even when the camera is rotated a full 360°. This enables mind-blowing creative versatility for social media producers, film and television professionals, and weekend warriors, alike.
HERO9 Black-compatible Mods also includes the Media Mod for HERO9 Black (INR 8,400), now with a removable foam windscreen; Display Mod (INR 6,900); and Light Mod (INR 4,700).
GoPro Hero9 Availability in India
Max Lens Mod will be available globally starting in October 2020. The Media Mod for HERO9 Black and Display Mode will be available starting Sept. 16. The Light Mod is currently available on GoPro.com as well as at select retailers.
HERO9 Black is on sale internationally starting today on GoPro.com and will be on sale in India at select retail partners from late October (Amazon, Flipkart, Chroma and select imaging stores).
HERO9 Black joins GoPro MAX, HERO8 Black and HERO7 Black to round out the full 2020 GoPro Lineup in this series
GoPro Hero9 is priced at Rs 49,500
HERO9 Black will be available in India from late October, 2020
You can buy from GoPro.com and will be on sale in India at select retail partners from late October (Amazon, Flipkart, Chroma and select imaging stores).