WhatsApp which is a free service started full-page ads in the newspaper and social media to retain it’s Indian users who are looking for whatsapp alternative like Signal and telegram and switching over it. This is not the first time whatsapp and facebook it’s parent company is in question for privacy poliy and how they handle data, ask for various permission to use their app, but the question remains the same why WhatsApp want to know and ask so many permissions and misuse our data, Why they haven’t impose this policy in EU?
for the damage control, in a latest statement and newspaper ads, WhatsApp said that “respect for your privacy is coded into our DNA”. They stated the following clarification :-
- WhatsApp cannot see your private message or hear your calls and neither can Facebook
- WhatsApp does not keep logs of who everyone is messaging or calling
- WhatsApp and Facebook cannot see your shared location
- Whats groups are private
- whatsapp does not share your contacts with Facebook
- Whatsapp protect and secure your private message and it is encrypted