JEE Main is the most awaited entrance exam for Engineering graduates in India. In 2017, 10.2 Lakh aspirants appeared for the exam and this year too it is expected to receive a huge response. In 2018, JEE Main exam is scheduled on April 8, 2018 (offline mode) and 15,16 April 2018 (online mode).
The registration procedure for JEE Main 2018 has begun from December 1,2017 and it is very important that the students register themselves very carefully for this exam.
Therefore, through this article we wish to provide you all the insights on how to register for JEE Main 2018, application process and how to avoid making errors for successful submission of your application form.
How to Register for JEE Main 2018?
The following steps showcase the procedure of filling the registration form of JEE Main 2018
- Visit the official website and select the option to Apply for JEE Main 2018
- Fill up an authentication form, then the registration form will display
- Add your personal details like address, academic qualifications, details related to your parents
- Upload your scanned photograph along with scanned signature in JPG or JPEG format.
- Book your preferred slots for examination, examination center and the subsequent time slot when you want to sit for the exam.
- Select your payment mode after reading all the options carefully
- After the payment is completed, log in again and print a copy of your payment acknowledgement page for future reference.
10 Probable Errors while Registering for JEE Main 2018
The importance of the registration form is self-explanatory, in spite of this, sometimes the candidates commit some general mistakes due to some reasons.
Although there are restrictions, still there is a procedure available for correction which the candidates can avail to make the necessary changes possible.
- Error in Uploading the Photograph
Sometimes, the candidates make mistakes while uploading the photograph by missing the signature or the date. In that case, you have to visit the official site of JEE Main 2018 and select the option to remove the discrepancies present in the photograph. Then you have to upload the corrected photograph with a proper background.
- Error in Choosing the Center of Examination
The corrections in the application form are only possible only if the candidates have successfully paid their registration fees. If the candidates want to change their center to examination for any one or both the papers, they need to pay a dedicated amount of fees which is to be informed.
- Error in filling the Aadhar number
If the candidates have filled up a wrong Aadhar number, there is an option where they can rectify the same. In that case, you have to apply for a correction in the Aadhar itself, then you will have to fill up your UTR number in the required space.
- Error in Opting for Both the Papers
In some cases, it is being observed that the candidate has applied for both the papers but they wanted to apply for only one. In that case, you can attempt only one paper but you will not be refunded the amount for the second paper.
- Error of Filling more than One Application Form
If any candidate mistakenly fills up more than one application form, if the details in both the forms are same, then only one admit card will be issued for the candidate.
- Failure to Book the Slots as the Slots are Full
If a student has failed to book his or her desired city of examination as the slots are full for that city, the CBSE board will automatically allow him or her a particular center and slot and the information regarding the same will be visible in his or her issued admit card.
- Error in filling up the Data for Application Form
If an individual fills up incorrect information and submits his or her application form and the confirmation page is generated, then he or she needs to determine the mistakes to be corrected and rectify them in the correction link which is made available to the candidates.
- Failure of the Student to Book the Slot
If a candidate has mistakenly forgotten to book the desired slot, then the CBSE will assign him or her a random slot only if he or she has paid the required amount of fees.
- Discrepancy in Personal Details of the candidate:
If a candidate has committed an error in putting his or her name or any other personal details, then he or she needs to submit the admit card or mark-sheet of 10th examination as a proof of documentation and he or she needs to rectify the same in the official site.
- Need of Putting Your 12th Roll Number: If you are appearing for 12th examination in 2017, you may put up your roll number although this process is not mandatory.
The simplest method which you can adopt for not committing the common mistakes is by taking more care while filling up the application form. Thus, you need to be more careful while filling up the application form for successful and error-free JEE Main 2020 registration.