Foundation for excellence was found in 1994 by Prabhu Goel and Poonam Goel. It is a non-profit organisation that provides funds to students who have poor financial background or whose family income is less than two lakh fifty thousand per annum to be exact. The foundation is located in USA, India and Sunnyvale. The main aim of the foundation is to provide education to the worthy students. Financial obligations should not be coming between students and their dream to be educated and well settled as a professional in life.
Many a times we see that some extremely brilliant students are unable to complete their education or study further after a certain point due to poor financial condition of the family. Foundation for excellence scholarship is a scholarship for students who have scored seventy percent in class twelve and have taken admission in either B. Tech, B.E., MBBS or any five year integrated course all over India. This is an initiative by the government of India to support some very intelligent students and provide them financial aid so that they can complete their studies and stand in life so that they can make their life better and improve their financial condition.
There are some criteria for being eligible for this scholarship. The points that are considered important for earning the scholarship are stated below:
- The students who have taken class twelfth examination within three years of applying and have scored at least seventy percent are only eligible for the foundation for excellence scholarship.
- Students who have taken admission in colleges on basis of national and state level examinations and their ranking are eligible for this scholarship.
- The students who have taken admission in the mentioned courses directly, that is, without taking the national or state level examination, are not eligible for this particular scholarship.
- Only the students who have taken admission for professional course are eligible, B.E., B. Tech. or MBBS are eligible for this scholarship.
- The family income of the student has to be less than Rs. 2,50,000 to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Students who get lateral entry in the courses of B. Tech. and B.E. after a diploma course are also not eligible for the foundation for excellence scholarship.
The students can apply for this scholarship by visiting their official website. Be very careful while uploading the documents and filling the required information in the form. Check before submitting the form finally.
Each and every penny that comes as donation from individuals, corporates, foundations and alumni scholars is directed towards the future scholars so that they can have a bright future and again help students in future. The most expensive studies after higher secondary are taken into account in this scholarship such as engineering and medicine. Foundation for excellence scholarship has helped many students from poor family background to study and succeed in life. Thanks to this foundation that has helped several students fulfil their dream of studying and getting a profession they always wanted.
In the scholarship, students are selected on basis of their merits. Their academic performance, college and financial need is given much importance before granting the foundation for excellence scholarship. There are volunteers and facilitators who check the background and other required information of the applier. It is prevalent in twenty five states and take up to two to four months to be received by the student. The scholarship can be owned by the student without any discrimination on the basis of gender, caste, religion, state or region.
Some of the donors of FFE are:
- OCM India Limited
- DISA India Limited
- Ashok Leyland Limited
- Intel Technology India Private Limited
- ORACLE Corporation
- Sonus Networks India Private Limited
- Trent Limited
- Bill Forge Private Limited
- Accel Partners
- 3M India Limited
- Adaptec Foundation
- BEA Systems
- Primary Global Research
- Clorox Company Foundation
- Yahoo! Inc.
- Citigroup Foundation
- Juniper Networks Foundation Firms
- Bank of America Matching Gifts Program
- Praxair India Private Limited
- KLA-Tencor India
Thus, the main aim of the foundation for excellence is to give wings to students who really deserve the success but are unable to afford professional degrees.