GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) 2016 is going to be held between 30th January 2016 and 7th February 2016 (On Saturdays and Sundays) The exact schedule will be given on the GATE 2016 website http://gate.iisc.ernet.in. This year the organizing Institute is Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. The Eligibility Criteria for GATE 2016 is given below. All the engineering student from various engineering colleges of India are going to appear in GATE Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2016 Exam. GATE is conducted every for admission to Postgraduate Courses (Master’s and Doctoral) with MHRD and other Government Scholarships / Assistant-ships in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Science are open to those who qualify in GATE. The GATE score is also used by some PSUs for their recruitment. GATE 2016 score will be valid for a period of 3 years only from the date of announcement of results.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for GATE 2016:
Candidates in the following categories ONLY are eligible to appear for GATE:
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree holders of Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree holders of Four-year program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science / Mathematics / Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Holders of Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those in the second or higher year of such programs.
- Holders of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering / Technology and those in the fourth or higher year of such programs.
- Holders of Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B.Sc./M.Sc. degree and those in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible
CLICK HERE to Apply Now for GATE 2016. Alternatively visit http://appsgate.iisc.ernet.in