AKTU implemented a new 40 marks grace rule from the year 2016-17. AKTU was formerly known as UPTU officially announced the new 40 Marks Grace Rule in any year or semester from 2016-17. Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU) or Uttar Pradesh Technical University (UPTU) imposed a new rule of 40 Marks grace, earlier it used to be 10 Marks Grace only.
AKTU / UPTU new rule of 40 marks grace will be applicable from this year 2016 – 2017 as per the media reports and now AKTU students can get 40 marks in any year or any semester. earlier only 10 marks grace a students can get in a year for one subject. But there is hurdle in 40 marks grace rule. The problem is that the student must get at leaset 15% marks to get 40 marks grace benefit rule. practically you must get 15 marks to get the 40 marks in any subject.
AKTU / UPTU New 40 Marks Grace Rule – All you need to know
The AKTU / UPTU 40 marks grace rule also published in some of leading news paper and websites like times of india, amar ujala, navbharat times, hindustan, dainik jagran etc. check out the below paper cutting for News of 40 marks Grace rule in AKTU.
Explanation – AKTU New Rule 40 Marks Grace:-
- AKTU students now can get 40 marks grace whch they can use in any sem or any year of B.Tech or other course. earlier students were onlu allowed to use 10 marks in any year.
- For example if students fails or have carry paper/back in any two subject of say 7th sem then they can use 40 marks grace to pass the exam in that subject.
- Example:- Suppose, if a student gets 20 marks in VLSI and 18 Marks in DCN then he can use the 40 marks grace rule to pass both the paper.
- But there is a condition in 40 marks grace rule, the condition is that the student need to get at leat 15 marks in the exam to avail the 40 marks grace rule.
- Now, in AKTU the syllabus and exam will be conducted in new Choice Based Credit System (CBCS).
- In AKTU, from 2017 students will be only promoted and passed if he gets 50% credit that is at least 23 credits to pass the exam. So, He/She must get 23 credits to pass the examination.
Well, the new rule is definetely gonna help thousands of students of UPTU, AKTU, GBTU, MTU (lucknow & noida region) but for all those who have passed seems like it’s a depressing news for them 😉 :p So, from now onwards it will be easy to pass AKTU exam and it will help lots of Fail, PCP status student. Please note that getting 40 marks grace will make your status from pass to PWG.
What’s your take on this ? what do you think about the new 40 marks grace rule ? if you have any query regarding AKTU 40 marks rule, Please do comment below and we will help you ou as soon as possible.