British Council today announced the launch of myEnglish – a unique and innovative English improvement course – combining the flexibility of online study with the power of interactive live online classes. myEnglish is a six-week course developed for individuals who wish to improve their current level of written and spoken English. The flexible online course comprises multiple modules that will be delivered by British Council teachers with internationally-recognised English language and online teaching qualifications and experience. myEnglish has been designed to improve fluency, accuracy and confidence in English through interactive, sociable and fun lessons with clear objectives.
myEnglish uses teaching methodology based on the latest research in language learning to help students improve their English and progress through different learning levels. he programme offers a total of nine courses, available at three language levels for participants at a different level of language proficiency. Each course is conducted over a period of six weeks, with a total duration of 50 hours of study per course. myEnglish uses proven and tested learning methodology that ensures effective learning and both fluent and accurate use of the language by the participants. The course focusses on developing speaking and communication skills by using authentic, everyday English and real life topics. It also highlights and develops career-enhancing skills such as presentations, group discussions, and time management.
The students are given access to a dedicated course website for online activities, tasks and participate in forum discussions. myEnglish classes are delivered over Zoom – a low bandwidth consuming video-conferencing platform – easily accessible from desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet. The interactive format fulfills the need for real time feedback from the teacher while practicing pronunciation and understanding concepts, critical for learning a language.
Speaking at the launch, Alan Gemmell, OBE Director, British Council India said, “British Council has been on the cutting edge of English language teaching, teaching millions of learners around the world and in India. Through myEnglish we have recreated the unique British Council classroom experience, offering customers flexibility, convenience, and access to attend this course from anywhere in India. We are excited to launch this course and see its impact on the life of our students, both at the workplace and in their social life.”
The applicants are first required to take a short online level check followed by a consultation with one of the teachers, to identify the right course before registration. This online blended course will be available to adult learners across India from September 23rd at a fee of INR 8,800 inclusive of taxes. For more information, one can visit – https://www.britishcouncil.in/myEnglish
How Does the Course Work ?
• Join two hours of live online classes each week to practice language and develop your speaking skills with your teacher and classmates.
• Access weekly online activities to improve your language skills with instant feedback.
• Complete weekly online communication tasks and improve your speaking and writing skills with personal feedback from your teacher.
Study Time and Levels
• Approximately 50 hours over 6 weeks (per course)
• 3 courses per level: Pre-Intermediate, Intermediate and Upper-Intermediate
myEnglish online courses are available to adult learners only (18 years or older).
How Do I Book myEnglish ?
• British Council first identify your English level through a phone consultation and then place you on the right myEnglish course.
• Start your learning journey by self-booking your phone consultation appointment on www.britishcouncil.in/myEnglish or Call our central customer service team on 0120-4569000 / 0120-6684353, Mon-Sat 09.00 to 18.00.
myEnglish course fee: INR 8,800 (incl. tax).